Administrator's Greeting |
Residents and Visitors:
New Town Hall/Police Station Project
Work to completion continues at a furious pace at the new Sullivan's Island Town Hall and Police Station. As of August the building is fully enclosed and the HVAC is operating. Inside dry wall is complete, finish carpentry underway, lighting is being installed, bathroom finishes are being installed and security and fire suppression systems are being tested. Outside you will notice hardscape, decks, stairs and rails coming together. The furniture installation and occupancy are currently set for late September. Details for the grand opening to follow.
Town Hall/Police Station Parking Reminder: Visitors may park in designated parking spaces along Middle Street or in the right-of-way along Station 20 1/2 and Gull Drive.
J. Marshall Stith Park: The Park and tennis courts remain open and are not affected by construction. Construction workers will work within the construction fencing; construction workers and authorized personnel, only, may enter the fenced area. Parents are encouraged to accompany all children to the Park and/or discussion safety near construction sites with older children who will play in the Park without adult supervision.
Summer season is well underway and the Island hosts a very high numbers of day/beach visitors. Please be mindful of our rules and regulations, particularly on the beach:
- Please use caution in the ocean and obey no wading/swimming signs where marked. Sandbars are prohibited for your safety. Remember, swim at your own risk.
- Alcohol is prohibited on the beach and along all Town streets/sidewalks.
- All trash must be taken from the beach with you. We have receptacles roadside at each beach access path for your use.
- All dogs on the Island must have a Town permit. Contact Town Hall at (843) 883-3198 or click here for more information.
- Parking is a challenge during the summer, especially on weekends. Watch for signs regarding restricted parking.
- Our fine restaurants are located next to residences. We appreciate your consideration in returning quietly to your vehicles after visiting our Community Commercial District.
There are signs with this and more information along our beach access paths. Also, our Frequently Asked Questions website page should answer most of your questions. However, please feel free to contact Town Hall (843) 883-3198 if you have any concerns.