Administrator's Greeting |
Residents and Visitors:
The Town continues progress on a number of projects that will both enhance our residents' quality-of-life and our visitors' experiences on the Island. A few of these projects include
1.) TENNIS COURT/PLAYGROUND (CITADEL STREET) - The Town seeks architect/engineering services for design-construction administration of two (2) tennis courts and playground improvements at the Citadel Street/Middle Street (around Station 17) site.
This RFP is active and available on-line or (click for RFP) or contact Lisa Darrow, Asst to Administrator at (843) 883-5744 or email@example.com.
DEADLINE FOR RESPONSES: (2:00PM) Friday, March 14, 2014
2.) TOWN HALL & POLICE DEPARTMENT - Town Hall and the Police Station continue in their temporary location at 2050-B or C Middle Street (trailers behind Fire Station). The Town's design team is Creech & Associates Design working with the Town's Construction Manager at Risk (CM at Risk), Hill Construction, to provide design conceptual and construction options and cost estimates for new construction on the current Town campus (2050 Middle Street area). The third community meeting to review design documents is anticipated for late March/April 2014.
Spring is coming soon and the Island will soon welcome high numbers of day/beach visitors. Please be mindful of our rules and regulations, particularly on the beach:
- Please use caution in the ocean and obey no wading/swimming signs where marked. Sandbars are prohibited for your safety. Remember, swim at your own risk.
- Alcohol is prohibited on the beach and along all Town streets/sidewalks.
- All trash must be taken from the beach with you. We have receptacles roadside at each beach access path for your use.
- All dogs on the Island must have a Town permit. Contact Town Hall at (843) 883-3198 or click here for more information.
- Parking is a challenge during the summer, especially on weekends. Watch for signs regarding restricted parking.
- Our fine restaurants are located next to residences. We appreciate your consideration in returning quietly to your vehicles after visiting our Community Commercial District.
There are signs with this and more information along our beach access paths. Also, our Frequently Asked Questions website page should answer most of your questions. However, please feel free to contact Town Hall (843) 883-3198 if you have any concerns.